-
USB STICK Newbie question
I am an utter newbies, and havent even finished reading the manuals yet!
Thanks to Partition Magic 8, my Desktop with Knoppix installed has crashed.
So I tried loading it from the cd on my laptop.
The laptop has 3 USB ports, and I have a 128 MB USB stick. However, this works unreliably with Windows XP, and I have been advised to reinstall XP from scratch.
However, before doing this, I wondered if the stick would be recognized/work with Knoppix run from the CD but not installed on the hard disk (yet).
Is it HDA5, SDA1, or what? If I click on a non-existent drive, Knoppix hangs. Must I first mount it, and how? Of course, booting Knoppix from the CD I do not have a root password.
If I have to install Knoppix on the hard disk first, how do I then proceed to access the USB stick? Is it automatically mounted, or not?
Similar Threads
-
By boombastic in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-08-2004, 04:23 PM
-
By gt300 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 06:32 PM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By JMichael in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 08:01 PM
-
By way2late in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 05:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$305.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00