Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Problems with cloop and customized kernel/fs

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    Problems with cloop and customized kernel/fs

    Hello,

    I've made new kernel and root filesystem, made all changes needed to linuxrc, new cloop module, customized miniroot fs, and while

    insmod -f /modules/cloop.o file=/cdrom/boot_fs/boot_fs

    (while boot_fs being the compressed filesystem)

    I get:

    cloop: Initializing cloop v1.08
    cloop: /cdrom/boot_fs/boot_fs: 2860 blocks, 65536 bytes/block, largest block is 1093697120 bytes.
    cloop: out of memory for compressed buffer 1093697120

    Any ideas? It seems that with original knoppix kernel same boot_fs works just fine.

    Regards,

    Robert

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    Done

    Well, I seem to resolved the problem, compressing same filesystem one more time helped, although I have no idea why it wouldnt work with old compression (parameters for mkisofs and filesystem was the same).

    Robert

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3

    Problems with cloop during customization

    Hello,

    when I try to mount the compressed KNOPPIX image with cloop, I get the following error (taken from syslog):

    The command I use is: insmod cloop file=/mnt/hdf1/wolf/KNOPPIX

    Jul 30 11:39:20 box kernel: cloop: Welcome to cloop v0.68
    Jul 30 11:39:20 box kernel: cloop: /mnt/hdf1/wolf/KNOPPIX: 29299 blocks, 65536 bytes/block, largest block is 4294808060 bytes.
    Jul 30 11:39:20 box kernel: cloop: out of memory for compressed buffer 4294808060

    Could you please detail the commands you entered to solve the problem ?

    Thanks for your help.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Leesburg, VA
    Posts
    11

    Re: Problems with cloop during customization

    You need the newest cloop --1.0-2 from the sources link on the knoppix english page -- then it will work. I found this out the hard way.


    Quote Originally Posted by fabriloup
    Hello,

    when I try to mount the compressed KNOPPIX image with cloop, I get the following error (taken from syslog):

    The command I use is: insmod cloop file=/mnt/hdf1/wolf/KNOPPIX

    Jul 30 11:39:20 box kernel: cloop: Welcome to cloop v0.68
    Jul 30 11:39:20 box kernel: cloop: /mnt/hdf1/wolf/KNOPPIX: 29299 blocks, 65536 bytes/block, largest block is 4294808060 bytes.
    Jul 30 11:39:20 box kernel: cloop: out of memory for compressed buffer 4294808060

    Could you please detail the commands you entered to solve the problem ?

    Thanks for your help.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3
    Thanks. I could compile the cloop module, mount the KNOPPIX image. now when I try to copy the files to my work directory, it starts copying and then the process hangs in the middle. I can't even kill the process.

    Any idea on how to solve this ?

    Cheers.

Similar Threads

  1. cloop kernel patch
    By Albert in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 05:26 PM
  2. Customized CD - problems with USB & PS/2 mouse
    By semolina in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 04:03 PM
  3. boot into customized kernel before creating compressed fs?
    By redss in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 08:10 AM
  4. problems compiling cloop with kernel 2.6.7
    By covici in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 05:58 PM
  5. cloop with Kernel 2.6.6-mm5
    By toys in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$349.48



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Timetec MS10 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 3D NAND SSD 35TTFP6PCIE-1TB picture

Timetec MS10 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 3D NAND SSD 35TTFP6PCIE-1TB

$89.99



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00