I have just built a new computer that I wish to dual boot with Windows XP and Knoppix (Debian). I need to know what I need to do to get a working Knoppix install onto a system that has this hardware.

MoBo - Asus a7n8x (Nvidia nforce 2)
Mem - 512MB Corsair xls x 2
HD - 120 GB Maxtor ata133
CD - Lite on burner
CPU - AMD XP Barton 2800
VC - Nvidia Gforce3 ti 200 - 128MB DDR (AGP)

As of right now the system will not boot the knoppix cd after the kernel prompt. If i select failsafe as a cheat code then i can see the hardware verification and identification. It detects everything that failsafe is supposed to just fine (including the video card). It is only when the system attempts at graphical mode that the screen goes blank and never returns.

Any help at all would be very welcome.

Thank you very much!