-
newbie needs help!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Runnig knoppix from a CD at boot time ,I'm getting the error :"No Suitable X-Server found for your card", I tried all possible cheats without success,how can I resolve this problem?
I guess the Radeon 7000 is the reason for this error.
Here are both dumps of lspci,please try to help:
00:00.0 Class 0600: 8086:2560 (rev 02)
00:01.0 Class 0604: 8086:2561 (rev 02)
00:1d.0 Class 0c03: 8086:24c2 (rev 02)
00:1d.1 Class 0c03: 8086:24c4 (rev 02)
00:1d.2 Class 0c03: 8086:24c7 (rev 02)
00:1d.7 Class 0c03: 8086:24cd (rev 02)
00:1e.0 Class 0604: 8086:244e (rev 82)
00:1f.0 Class 0601: 8086:24c0 (rev 02)
00:1f.1 Class 0101: 8086:24cb (rev 02)
00:1f.5 Class 0401: 8086:24c5 (rev 02)
01:00.0 Class 0300: 1002:5159
02:05.0 Class 0200: 14e4:4401 (rev 01)
and:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 82845G/GL [Brookdale-G] Chipset Host Bridge (rev 02)
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80b2
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Capabilities: [e4] #09 [6105]
Capabilities: [a0] AGP version 2.0
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82845G/GL [Brookdale-G] Chipset AGP Bridge (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, fast devsel, latency 64
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
I/O behind bridge: 0000d000-0000dfff
Memory behind bridge: ef000000-efefffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: eff00000-f7ffffff
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB USB (Hub #1) (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 8089
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 5
I/O ports at b800 [size=32]
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB USB (Hub #2) (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 8089
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 9
I/O ports at b400 [size=32]
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB USB (Hub #3) (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 8089
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 9
I/O ports at b000 [size=32]
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB USB EHCI Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 8089
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
Memory at ee800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [58] #0a [2080]
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801BA/CA/DB PCI Bridge (rev 82) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=32
Memory behind bridge: ee000000-ee7fffff
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82801DB ISA Bridge (LPC) (rev 02)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801DB ICH4 IDE (rev 02) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 8089
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 9
I/O ports at <unassigned> [size=8]
I/O ports at <unassigned> [size=4]
I/O ports at <unassigned> [size=8]
I/O ports at <unassigned> [size=4]
I/O ports at f000 [size=16]
Memory at 40000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB AC'97 Audio (rev 02)
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80b0
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 9
I/O ports at a800 [size=256]
I/O ports at a400 [size=64]
Memory at ed800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
Memory at ed000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV100 QY [Radeon 7000/VE] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Hightech Information System Ltd.: Unknown device 0f02
Flags: bus master, stepping, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 64
Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
I/O ports at d800 [size=256]
Memory at ef000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
Expansion ROM at effe0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: [58] AGP version 2.0
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
02:05.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401 100Base-T (rev 01)
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80a8
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
Memory at ee000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
I hope you find what's wrong.
thanks
sa
Similar Threads
-
By Baby_Face in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-01-2004, 02:14 PM
-
By marshalh in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 10:12 AM
-
By Animekiksazz in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By tapique in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-29-2003, 11:12 PM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

ASRock b560 ATX Motherboard + Intel Core i5-11600K CPU Combo Gaming + 32 GB DDR4
$300.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00