as root:
mii-tool and post the result.
Hi there Linux n00b here still.
When I used the livecd it would pick up my network card with no problems
(dfe530tx+)
so as I do not know how to set it up, or use the network tho knoppix I need help...
It say that there is No network card there so I cant configure it...
Please how do I do this??
Thankyou.
.-=Ronin=-.
as root:
mii-tool and post the result.
Run netcardconfig (as root).
You may want to see if the module (tulip) for the card is is loaded with lsmod if it is in use you will see a 1 beside it.
Also check in the file /etc/network/interfaces it should look like this for a DHCP connection:Code:tulip 38560 1
if the line for the dhcp is not there add it by editing the file as root then also as root /etc/init.d/networking restart to restart the network with the new settings. You may also want to check the file /etc/resolv.conf for your nameservers example file:Code:# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8) # The loopback interface # automatically added when upgrading auto lo eth0 iface lo inet loopback iface eth0 inet dhcp
The search line for your domain is not necessary and you only need one namserver line for it to resolve IP address.Code:search wolf nameserver 192.168.1.10 nameserver 192.168.1.34
Also from a console window you could check the boot messages to confirm the card gets initialized during boot dmesg | grep eth0 should return a line with your card in it.
whoops. sorry I didn't read your post very carefully. since your card isn't being detected "netcardconfig" won't do you much good. try out the other advice and post back when you have something.

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99
Lot of 10 Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage UNCLAIMED
$22000.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco C9300L-STACK-KIT V02 Stack
$190.00
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00