Where is the firewall configuration file/helper-program in Knoppix?
I want to configure my firewall, and I can't seem to find any programs in the menus that will do this.
Where is the firewall configuration file/helper-program in Knoppix?
I want to configure my firewall, and I can't seem to find any programs in the menus that will do this.
What firewall are you using?
I don't know. Which one comes with the standard Knoppix installation? Or a better question would be, is there even one?
Guarddog used to be included but I just checked the packages and it does not seem to be there now. There are a few you can install like the afore mentioned guarddog, firestarter or bastille-linux these are all graphicly based programs if you wish to configure yourself then you could try what I use Arno's Iptables. If you want to check if you have any open ports Gibson Research Corporation has a free port scanning utility called Shields Up that works well.
tech2k gave me a tip here. A super easy firewall where you don't really need to read a manual and the help in the gui is great
apt-get install firestarter
For hd installs.
Thanks for the help guys. I have installed firestarter, and it works great![]()
Yes Firestarter is pretty nice. I used it for quite a while before rickenbacherus pointed out to me that it has a nice internet connection sharing feature as well.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
AMD AM4 Micro-ATX Motherboard, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Support, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, USB
$149.99