Unfortunatelly you can not install anything when you boot of CD. If you want add some new applications you have to install Knoppix to hard disk.
Hi
I'm running a Knoppix 3.2 Router(from CD) since a few Days and I Can't do any commands with atp-get such as atp-get update or atp-get install...
For Example I tried:
root@ttyp0[knoppix]# atp-get install firestarter
W:Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
E:Unable to write /var/cache/apt
E:The package lists or status file could not be pursued or opened
It's the same with install firewall.easy...
So I can't get a Firewall installed or my system updated.
So what to do?(I'm a Newbie)
Thanks
Unfortunatelly you can not install anything when you boot of CD. If you want add some new applications you have to install Knoppix to hard disk.
You could look into using something like Arno's Iptables you should be able to run the script from the ramdisk while booted from the CD.
how hard would it be to make knoppix symlink individual files rather than symlinking the dirs the files are in
then you could apt-get tuff onto the ramdrive

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95
16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00
96GB DDR5 48GBx2 SO-DIMM 262-Pin Laptop RAM PC5-5600B 2Rx8
$1199.00
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39