Unfortunatelly you can not install anything when you boot of CD. If you want add some new applications you have to install Knoppix to hard disk.
Hi
I'm running a Knoppix 3.2 Router(from CD) since a few Days and I Can't do any commands with atp-get such as atp-get update or atp-get install...
For Example I tried:
root@ttyp0[knoppix]# atp-get install firestarter
W:Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
E:Unable to write /var/cache/apt
E:The package lists or status file could not be pursued or opened
It's the same with install firewall.easy...
So I can't get a Firewall installed or my system updated.
So what to do?(I'm a Newbie)
Thanks
Unfortunatelly you can not install anything when you boot of CD. If you want add some new applications you have to install Knoppix to hard disk.
You could look into using something like Arno's Iptables you should be able to run the script from the ramdisk while booted from the CD.
how hard would it be to make knoppix symlink individual files rather than symlinking the dirs the files are in
then you could apt-get tuff onto the ramdrive

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
$53.99
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500 GB SATA III 3.5 in Hard Drive
$16.99
1TB Internal Hard Drive 3.5 HDD SATA 64MB Cache Brand New Sealed PC Mac Storage
$60.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99