-
Networking configuration...please help.
Hi. I'm a linux newb and I need some help with Knoppix. I just did a hdinstall on my computer and when installing I got the following error message:
Sending DHCP Broadcast from device eth0<6>eth0: Autonegotiation did not complete in 4000 usec.
etho0: Link up
eth0: remaining active for wake-on-lan
Operation failed.
Failed.
I've not yet tried to access the internet from within my hd install because 1) I got the exact same error message using Netcardconfig while using Knoppix from CD
2) My internet connection didn't work from CD.
Those two points make me assume that I'm not going to be able to access the internet from my hdd install. I will try tho, and post the results to this message.
I'm using an Athlon tbird 1.2ghz 512m RAM, 20 gig hdd. Windows xp on partition 1, linux ext2 on partition 2, linux swap on parition 3, and fat32 on partition 4. Toshiba PCX2200 cable modem, netgear FA311 nic. Everything else seems to work fine when I boot from CD.
Help?!?!
Similar Threads
-
By jpkennedy79 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 05:08 AM
-
By anthonywandeto in forum Networking
Replies: 21
Last Post: 08-02-2004, 03:41 PM
-
By Mike UK in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
-
By quo_vadis in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-02-2003, 08:52 PM
-
By Nthline in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99