-
iPAQ haldheld
I already use iPAQ handheld, but unfortunatelly it works under Microsoft OS, I use it with Compaq Presario, to synchronise e-mail, files etc ( Win XP OS). That somebody have an synch. programm under any Linux OS ?
This is one thing to stop me for using Linux permanently with my notebook, and desktop.
iPAQ works under Microsoft Embeeded Windows OS 
is that possible to synchronise in with Linux OS without replacing current OS ? it is crucial, because when I replace this OS, probably my warranty will be lost, (OS is saved in PROM).
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: iPAQ haldheld

Originally Posted by
NetCon
I already use iPAQ handheld, but unfortunatelly it works under Microsoft OS,
It runs M$ because you haven't gotten around to installing Linux on it yet you slacker!! 
Here's yet another page about Linux on an ipaq.
I use it with Compaq Presario, to synchronise e-mail, files etc ( Win XP OS). That somebody have an synch. programm under any Linux OS ?
This is one thing to stop me for using Linux permanently with my notebook, and desktop.
iPAQ works under Microsoft Embeeded Windows OS

is that possible to synchronise in with Linux OS without replacing current OS ? it is crucial, because when I replace this OS, probably my warranty will be lost, (OS is saved in PROM).
If that scares you and you just want to stick with plain old wimpdoze then check this out.
Oh- BTW- I got all of this info from www.google.com/linux an excellent resource.
-
Hello,
I just had a look to those links but there is no really what he and what I would like to do 
I don't want to change the OS on my Ipaq, I want to keep it as it is... But I would like to find a way to backup my ipaq and even better to synchrozine it, with my computer running under Linux...
Ludo
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Coume
Hello,
I just had a look to those links but there is no really what he and what I would like to do
I don't want to change the OS on my Ipaq, I want to keep it as it is... But I would like to find a way to backup my ipaq and even better to synchrozine it, with my computer running under Linux...
Ludo
Look at the third link at the bottom of the post- that's exactly what it's about.
You can't blame me for trying to get everyone to run Linux. What can I say it's a better OS.
-
yep 
it is just that you have to add memory to your ipaq to install linux and I cannot afford to spend my student money on an expensive memory card
eheh
Ludo
-
Senior Member
registered user
What kind/size of memory exactly and how much is it in Europe?
-
erm...
Seems you wanna make me cry...
In the States, lots of things are much more cheaper...
Here, in France, in buying on the Internet the best deal for a SD memory card: Mémoire SD Card 512 Mo Dane-Elec - 511€ / $511
But who knows if I manage to find my next year internship in the States or Canada, I will be able to buy cheapest ones
eheh
Regards,
Ludo
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Coume
erm...
Seems you wanna make me cry...
In the States, lots of things are much more cheaper...
Here, in France, in buying on the Internet the best deal for a SD memory card: Mémoire SD Card 512 Mo Dane-Elec - 511€ / $511
A quick google got me a 512 MB SD media card for $280 US. here.
All of those vendors ship internationally. I cannot vouch for any of them as I have never done business with them personally.
-
Hmmm that's almost 1/2 price then...
I'm starting to wonder if there is something cheaper in Europe than in the States...
Perhaps the Wine
eheh
Ludo
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Coume
Hmmm that's almost 1/2 price then...
I'm starting to wonder if there is something cheaper in Europe than in the States...
Perhaps the Wine
eheh
Ludo
Nope- with brands like Ernest & Julio Gallo in the 2 gallon jug for only $9.99 we got you beat there too! heh heh
Similar Threads
-
By probono in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX Intel LGA1200 DDR4 M.2 HDMI USB
$85.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99