-
Flat Panel Display
I have a P4 2.66 & 512mb RAM with a 120 gb HD. It also has a DVD player and CDRW. I am running Windows XP Home Edition and have a small DOS utility partition (40mb).
I have entered the System setup and changed the priority boot drive from C:h/d to CDRom.
If I put the CD in the DVD drive (ie the primary drive!) then the disc does indeed boot up. Unfortunately, just as all seems to be going well (apart from saying it can only find a single processor!) my flat panel display (1024 x 76
shows a message saying it cannot display this screen setting (just what setting that is , I don't know). Also I notice that the boot messages report the FP Screen as an Old Type monitor.
Where do I go from here?
Shaun
Similar Threads
-
By jimeee in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 10:13 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 11:26 AM
-
By SoulSlinger in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 05:30 PM
-
By ledatica in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-15-2003, 08:36 PM
-
By robbief in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 02:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00