What about the "testcd" cheat code? That's what I've been advising people who think they have a bad image to use.
I did a Redhat9 install recently and there was an option "linux mediacheck" (something like that) from the menu that checks the disc to see if it is a good image. How about making an md5sum of the cloop image and putting it in the initrd image and having an option to verify the image is good before chrooting it? Certainly might help some of the newbie issues.
I realize you can do this after the download but that is assuming the user knows what md5sum is and has the software downloaded. If it was in the initrd image, you could check it during the boot.
What about the "testcd" cheat code? That's what I've been advising people who think they have a bad image to use.
I must have missed it then. Doh! :P

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00