What about the "testcd" cheat code? That's what I've been advising people who think they have a bad image to use.
I did a Redhat9 install recently and there was an option "linux mediacheck" (something like that) from the menu that checks the disc to see if it is a good image. How about making an md5sum of the cloop image and putting it in the initrd image and having an option to verify the image is good before chrooting it? Certainly might help some of the newbie issues.
I realize you can do this after the download but that is assuming the user knows what md5sum is and has the software downloaded. If it was in the initrd image, you could check it during the boot.
What about the "testcd" cheat code? That's what I've been advising people who think they have a bad image to use.
I must have missed it then. Doh! :P

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00
1U Server Intel Xeon E3-1240 V5 3.5Ghz 4C 32GB RAM 2x M.2 2280 OCP RJ45 Rails
$310.00