-
New User in Knoppix
Can somone help me by telling me how to add a new user in knoppix or even better how to login as root. I know that they have locked all passwords in knoppix but if anyone knows a way to login as root I would greatly appreciate it. My reason is because you may only install or unpack certain programs if you are root.
Thanks
-
Hi there....
Can't remember off the top of my head what you do, but I have read posts in this forum with instructions for what you want to achieve. If you search the forum you'll get the answers.
This should help......
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2871#13501

PS Think you use the command "adduser" in a shell, or try the KDE user manager thingy.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: New User in Knoppix

Originally Posted by
andrewc2189
Can somone help me by telling me how to add a new user in knoppix or even better how to login as root. I know that they have locked all passwords in knoppix but if anyone knows a way to login as root I would greatly appreciate it. My reason is because you may only install or unpack certain programs if you are root.
Thanks
Are you running from the CD or from a hd? If you, are running from the CD and you want to become root, all you do is type "sudo su" from a shell.
But if you are running from the CD you won't be able to add users (I don't think). But if you are running from a hd, yes use the adduser command - as root.
-
Thank you for your help.
I am running from the cd now but may change to hd later.
I appreciate your replies.
Similar Threads
-
By zspecfenix17 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:02 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-04-2003, 05:47 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:22 PM
-
By CyberBug84 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung - 990 PRO 1TB Internal SSD PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2
$200.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77