-
Junior Member
registered user
Other language in K menu - problem
Hello Everybody.
I'm preparing custom version. The default language is French. I'm
translating all positions in menu (exactly: root shell, printer conf. etc).
Where are located files with menu translations only for this language?
I would like these translated positions were visible only while using this language (lang=fr). In case of using other language (e.g lang=pl) - old,
original positions (root shell and other) should be in menu.
Thanks very much for help.
PS: What is better while removing debs (e.g games, kdevelop):
"apt-get --purge remove program" or without 'purge'? (in
howto is wihtout purge)..
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Other language in K menu - problem

Originally Posted by
larryks
Hello Everybody.
I'm preparing custom version. The default language is French. I'm
translating all positions in menu (exactly: root shell, printer conf. etc).
Where are located files with menu translations only for this language?
I would like these translated positions were visible only while using this language (lang=fr). In case of using other language (e.g lang=pl) - old,
original positions (root shell and other) should be in menu.
Thanks very much for help.
PS: What is better while removing debs (e.g games, kdevelop):
"apt-get --purge remove program" or without 'purge'? (in
howto is wihtout purge)..
I not sure where the files are but KDE uses kde-i18n-?? files for the localization where ??=language code in your case fr also there is a Knoppix France website you may want to check out. With the --purge option you remove the configuration files so that is probably what you want they will be just taking up space for non-installed programs anyway.
-
Junior Member
registered user
ok, only i can't find files with menu translations for
particular languages.. fr, it, de (exaclty positions in
position Knoppix (in menu K))
- best regards and thanks for any hints - larry
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
larryks
ok, only i can't find files with menu translations for
particular languages.. fr, it, de (exaclty positions in
position Knoppix (in menu K))
- best regards and thanks for any hints - larry
That's handled by KDE when you set your language in Kpersonalizer as far as I know.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I'm sorry that I'm drilling the subject .. but it does not work 
I'm preparing custom iso. Knoppix is copied on HDD. I'm working
in chroot. I have lang=fr option enabled. All is ok ..but when I'm
translating position from menu (e.g root_shell) .. and finished iso,
burning on CD and run it again with another option (lang=eng) , root_shell is French (not English
..) . Where put the translation for particular language (e.g. fr) - this way it is visible only for option lang=this language? (e.g Italy translation visible only with option lang=it)
- thanks for help
Similar Threads
-
By ZeroKun in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 10:44 PM
-
By Mlight in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2004, 04:39 PM
-
By geohuang in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 01:31 PM
-
By 3133 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-31-2003, 09:35 PM
-
By larryks in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2003, 12:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers IIsi and IIci - for Parts / Repair
$127.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00

READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots
$850.00

3X Vintage Apple Macintosh IIsi Desktop Computers - Parts Repair Untested
$162.50

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh SE M5010 Bundle Mouse, Jaz, CD, and Manuals (TESTED)
$399.00