Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Other language in K menu - problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    27

    Other language in K menu - problem

    Hello Everybody.
    I'm preparing custom version. The default language is French. I'm
    translating all positions in menu (exactly: root shell, printer conf. etc).
    Where are located files with menu translations only for this language?
    I would like these translated positions were visible only while using this language (lang=fr). In case of using other language (e.g lang=pl) - old,
    original positions (root shell and other) should be in menu.
    Thanks very much for help.

    PS: What is better while removing debs (e.g games, kdevelop):
    "apt-get --purge remove program" or without 'purge'? (in
    howto is wihtout purge)..

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Other language in K menu - problem

    Quote Originally Posted by larryks
    Hello Everybody.
    I'm preparing custom version. The default language is French. I'm
    translating all positions in menu (exactly: root shell, printer conf. etc).
    Where are located files with menu translations only for this language?
    I would like these translated positions were visible only while using this language (lang=fr). In case of using other language (e.g lang=pl) - old,
    original positions (root shell and other) should be in menu.
    Thanks very much for help.


    PS: What is better while removing debs (e.g games, kdevelop):
    "apt-get --purge remove program" or without 'purge'? (in
    howto is wihtout purge)..
    I not sure where the files are but KDE uses kde-i18n-?? files for the localization where ??=language code in your case fr also there is a Knoppix France website you may want to check out. With the --purge option you remove the configuration files so that is probably what you want they will be just taking up space for non-installed programs anyway.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    27
    ok, only i can't find files with menu translations for
    particular languages.. fr, it, de (exaclty positions in
    position Knoppix (in menu K))
    - best regards and thanks for any hints - larry

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by larryks
    ok, only i can't find files with menu translations for
    particular languages.. fr, it, de (exaclty positions in
    position Knoppix (in menu K))
    - best regards and thanks for any hints - larry
    That's handled by KDE when you set your language in Kpersonalizer as far as I know.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    27
    I'm sorry that I'm drilling the subject .. but it does not work
    I'm preparing custom iso. Knoppix is copied on HDD. I'm working
    in chroot. I have lang=fr option enabled. All is ok ..but when I'm
    translating position from menu (e.g root_shell) .. and finished iso,
    burning on CD and run it again with another option (lang=eng) , root_shell is French (not English ..) . Where put the translation for particular language (e.g. fr) - this way it is visible only for option lang=this language? (e.g Italy translation visible only with option lang=it)
    - thanks for help

Similar Threads

  1. Aqua GTK options menu problem
    By ZeroKun in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 10:44 PM
  2. Beginners Language Problem
    By Mlight in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 04:39 PM
  3. Can Not See What The Language is on the Mozilla's Menu
    By geohuang in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 01:31 PM
  4. apt-get language problem
    By 3133 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2003, 09:35 PM
  5. Problem with language and menu :(
    By larryks in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2003, 12:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Compaq Presario 1800-XL1 Laptop Computer 1456VQL1N w Win Key picture

Vintage Compaq Presario 1800-XL1 Laptop Computer 1456VQL1N w Win Key

$34.99



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Vintage GA-5AX ALi Aladin & SN2000P  LAN Card Manuals & Driver Floppies Lot picture

Vintage GA-5AX ALi Aladin & SN2000P LAN Card Manuals & Driver Floppies Lot

$30.00



Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989  Untested  picture

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested

$207.92



VINTAGE VIP-1302000 EMC/8M-11 8BIT ISA RETRO RAMBANK picture

VINTAGE VIP-1302000 EMC/8M-11 8BIT ISA RETRO RAMBANK

$54.99



Vintage 2001 Nkok Dodge Viper GTS R wired PS2 computer mouse New picture

Vintage 2001 Nkok Dodge Viper GTS R wired PS2 computer mouse New

$88.00



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00