Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Small problem with remaster under Vmware

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    35

    Small problem with remaster under Vmware

    I have found that remastering under VMware to be the fastest way for me to experiment. However I have one small problem. When I boot to Knoppix (CD or HD installed) and then switch over to vc2 (CTRL-ALT-F2) the terminal fonts are microscopic and doubled left to right with half of the X window's contents still showing underneath. Obviosly the vid mode is not right after jumping to X and back to text. What I don't know is how to fix the vid mode so the console is usable. I can usually peck keys carefully and chroot, mount proc and startx but if any errors pop up I'm lost and must start over cause the fonts are unreadable.

    Anyone know how to reset the vid mode under VMWare without screwing the pooch on the 1st or 2nd X session? Something like the old DOS mode co80 command?

    I notice that Windows VM's text screen also tear the screen up when switching to graphics mode so it must be a VMWare specific problem.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    35
    I finally figured it out - somewhat.

    I edited the syslinux.cfg and added vga=normal to the append line. Once it enters a higher vid mode the text is unreadable.

Similar Threads

  1. Small Remaster
    By fizgig in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 03:35 AM
  2. small problem with device icons
    By darka in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 10:03 AM
  3. Small problem with kPPP
    By HumanBlade in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 08:08 AM
  4. Small USB/camera problem.
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-31-2004, 07:55 PM
  5. A small problem...err....problems...
    By Castershell in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-19-2003, 05:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD picture

HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD

$84.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive picture

Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive

$179.99