-
Junior Member
registered user
How to auto-detect Smart Array disk controller
Greetings,
I have a Compaq ProLiant DL360 rack-mount PC which uses a Compaq Smart Array Controller to run a pair of SCSI HDs. Thus far, the only way I've been able to get Linux on the machine at all is to use the "compact" pair of install floppies. However, I want Knoppix plus all the goodies on this machine.
When I boot with the Knoppix install CD, it doesn't recognize the HD controller so the drives cannot be mounted, preventing me from installing onto the HD.
Is it possible for those who release Knoppix to add auto-detection for this controller? If you run "make xconfig", you can see the "Smart" disk controller listed under "block devices".
Can someone explain to me (someone with just basic Linux experience) how to get this done, what are my options, steps to perform, etc.? I want to be able to get Knoppix and all of its goodies intalled onto this Compaq box.
I was able to get Knoppix to install on an IDE system with no problem. Is it possible to rebuild that kernel with the Smart Array controller selected and then make a Knoppix install CD from the HD image? Of course I'd then use this new CD to auto-detect on bootup and install onto the Compaq.
Thanks much for your help!
Similar Threads
-
By JPWhite in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 09:47 PM
-
By MikeJones in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 07:35 PM
-
By pepesz in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 12:57 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-25-2003, 02:39 PM
-
By Dial-IN in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-26-2002, 02:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00