Your link doesn't work, unknown host for me... got a better one?Originally Posted by arkaine23
I really want it, as SETI and nForce2 on bootable CD is exactly what I want.
This is geared towards system recovery and network admin stuff kind of like Knoppix STD. It has almost every added package found in Knoppix STD in fact. I also removed most of the games and there's only english and japanese language support. Lots of customization to KDE- karamba, slick cursors, backgrounds, icons... Included are the following burn-in / distributed computing clients:
folding@home (runs at startup)
setiathome
prime-net aka prime95
memtest86
dbench
supports nforce2 and broadcom (kt400) integrated NIC's
has f-prot ala fabianx scripts for virus scanning.
I also wrote a bunch of scripts to make using the DC clients easy for noobs. This is a great way to make diskless clusters for distributed computing, or burn-in a system with no OS installed.
Plans for the near future- OpenOffice 1.1, mozilla-firebird, support for some winmodems, Mplayer and video codecs, working transperancy in fluxbox.
http://overclockix.octeams.com/
Your link doesn't work, unknown host for me... got a better one?Originally Posted by arkaine23
I really want it, as SETI and nForce2 on bootable CD is exactly what I want.
Link fixed. It was a case-sensitive issue, the f in fusion needed to be capitalized.
I'm sending out an imporved version in a day or two. I accidentally broke samba in the current version of overclockix. Also adding the F-prot scripts by FabianX for virus scanning, and lucifer- another burn-in app. It will be named the same as the current iso, so the link own't change. I'll post when the updated version has been uploaded.
hello!
would overclockix be reachable by an ftp server?
i'v read on this forum that it works with nvidia nforce NIC - but do someone tested it with Abit NF7S?
best regards,
tigrris
It hasn't been tested on the NF7 as far as I know. Someone tried it on an Asus A7N8X (non-deluxe) and it worked. Any NF2 board that uses the nvnet linux nic driver should work.
The link in this thread should work. I'd post an ftp link, but last time I did, my friend's ftp server got overloaded.
email me and I can send you an ftp link
[email protected]
subject: Overclockix
I downloaded your re-master the other night.. Haven't burned it on CD yet but I booted it from a VMware session and am very impressed so far. I had to make the fonts go back to their default tho it was too hard to read for me. ("sorry")
GOOD JOB!! I'm going to have to learn how to re-master my own soon..I have a few ideas floating around but not sure where to start.
(my first post by the way)...long time lurker and Knoppix user tho.
javascript:emoticon('')
Glad you like it. And glad you're interested in remastering. It's not all that hard to do, though you have to get used to what knoppix is and how it works differently as a live CD. Everyone is welcome to employ my DC client scripts found in /usr/local/bin. Though I need to change them for licensing purposes so that they download the DC clients using wget instead of using the clients I downloaded and installed into the CD file system.
I've added F-prot scripts (by fabianX), kdfold, lucifer, and a few other things since the original relase. I keep using the same filename each time I update, so that link is always the most current version. Still have to tweak on the icewm and fluxbox menus....
Its easy to change the KDE fonts if they are hard for you to read.
I used those to give an "arkaine" feel to the OS.
Remeber to use trhe knoopix screen= cheatcode to set the resolution. I think it defaults to 640x480.
hello again!
i'v finally downloaded overclockix and extracted the iso with zipgenius to my hdd (i don't have cd writer to burn it). i'v created the boot diskette with rawrite2 but the system could not start - it stops on "laoding vmlinuz" process and the message is diplayed that system can not boot and change the disk then prees any key (sth like that). i made another boot disk - but with this one all booting process stops after "loading miniroot.gz"
do u think that some files may be broken?
the foleder "knoppix" is on partition with fat system files.
best regards,
tigrris
==========
UPDATE
i'v tried some other floppy and now there's no problem with booting system - but still my NIC (nforce) is not detected...
pls heeelp! should i configure sth manually?
tigrris
hmm, sorry. I haven't tried hdd installing it, so I'm not sure what has to be done. You can look at the knxhddinstall script in /usr/local/bin to see what it does in order to convert the live cd into a useable installation. I imagine there are some steps aside from just decompressing that are required......
Or just find somewhere to burn the iso- a friend close by maybe?
I've updated it and consider it finalized. I still accept requests and will add new drivers and software to it- have about 30mb of space before compression still to work with.
If you got it in the last 10 days, I'm very sorry. I forgot to remove my resolv.conf before remastering. The new iso does not have this problem.
What you can do to fix it is-
figure out what your upstream nameservers are. Any knoppix cd should be able do this for you... just look at /etc/resolv.conf
rm /etc/resolv.conf
cp /KNOPPIX/etc/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf
edit the file and change my nameservers to your nameservers
then restart networking
/etc/init.d/networking restart

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99