Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: New remaster- Overclockix

  1. #21
    i was wondering if you can figure out how to get it to detect Ati video cards?
    use the ati latest cat linux drivers on their site.

  2. #22
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    I did put the install-on-demand scripts by fabianX for 3d drivers of Ati and Nvidia cards on the Technomancer builds of overclockix. They're in /usr/local/bin, but I'm pretty sure the scripts were made before the newest ati dfrivers were released. There are also cheatocdes but I'm not sure that they force a 3d-capable driver or not.

    Haven't tried it personally, as I still game in windows on 2 other computers at my house that are more suited to it (9700pro, 8500).

    I'll be trying to make some improvements soon and a new build, so maybe I'll work on editing fabianX's ATI script to get the newer driver. I certainly have machines that could be good test subjects.. I've just got a lot of other projects right now and may take me a couple of weeks to get to it.

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9

    Re: New remaster- Overclockix

    Quote Originally Posted by arkaine23
    This is geared towards system recovery and network admin stuff kind of like Knoppix STD. It has almost every added package found in Knoppix STD in fact. I also removed most of the games and there's only english and japanese language support. Lots of customization to KDE- karamba, slick cursors, backgrounds, icons... Included are the following burn-in / distributed computing clients:

    http://overclockix.octeams.com/
    I checked out the page, but was unable to download the Overclockix-Technomancer-v2.iso

    A typo, perhaps?

  4. #24
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    double post

  5. #25
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Technomancer-V2. I pulled that one off my server. It was available for a short period, but I wanted to fix some bugs. Guess I still need to update my page. I haven't had time to work on overclockix recently, but I should get V2 back up in a week or two, and it'll have the toram and fromhd cheatcodes as found in the newest release of Knoppix.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6
    This cd so far is the best. I'm running the Abit NF7-S and my nvnet0 works too, thank god. But has anyone tried hdinstall and had the problem I am having. When i throw in the cd it fails to mount my third hard drive, HDE, wich is a 60 gig seagate (running witht he serial ata adapter this could be why . It says something like could not create directory /dev/ during startup. So when i run knx-hdinstall it doesnt find my hde. Any help on how to mount this via the cd would be helpful.

    I love the gimp shortcut, and gaim, very handy on a boring day of school.

  7. #27
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    I now have a forum for overclockix support! http://overclockix-forum.theaog.com

    I'm glad you like it.

    I would like to make some more improvements and fix some bugs, but finding the time for it is tough now. If anyone would like to do some work on this remaster as part of a team effort, they are welcome to.

    Right now I'm fixing up my dually (gentoo install) and doing some maintenance on a couple of other boxes. I'm also working 4 jobs. But a newer, better Overclockix is still on my to do list and I will make some time for it as soon as I can.

    Sorry I don't have an answer about your drive on an SATA port, or about getting onboard sound or ati 3d drivers working. You'll have to search around and see if you can find an answer. If the solution requires remastering the CD to add drivers or edit scripts, I'll do what can to make the improvements.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Overclockix 3.8 released
    By arkaine23 in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-15-2005, 04:42 AM
  2. Overclockix 3.8
    By encryptedmatrix in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 04:39 PM
  3. Overclockix 3.7 released
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 06:02 AM
  4. Most bleeding edge C't remaster, Overclockix 3.4 (KDE 3.2.2)
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 06:21 PM
  5. Overclockix
    By jshah329 in forum General Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox

$620.00



Dell PowerEdge R640  8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU

$315.00



Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710

$349.99



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95