ooook, i got past that error by doing 'knoppix init=/ect/init
But when it asks me for the runlevel, I type in 5, but it gives me a segmentation violation error![]()
I'm having a little problem-- I'm trying to boot it off of a CD. When It gives me the "boot:" thing, I just press enter and it seems to boot fine. It then tells me someting like "kernel panic- init not found. try passing the init= option to the kernel"
So, I tried this when I rebooted the machine;
Boot: vmlinuz init=/etc/init
Kernel panic error... etc...
Then, I do:
Boot: knoppix init=etc/init
kernel panic wtf.. screw this...
How sould I boot knoppix?
thanks
ooook, i got past that error by doing 'knoppix init=/ect/init
But when it asks me for the runlevel, I type in 5, but it gives me a segmentation violation error![]()

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99