Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: USRobotics 5610

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13

    USRobotics 5610

    I cannot get it to run with Knoppix 3.2. I have a HD install.

    lspci -v looks like this
    000:0b.0 Serial controller US Robotics/3Com 56K Fax/Modem Model 5610 (rev 01) (prog-if 02 [16550])
    Subsystem:USR/3Com= Unknown device 00d3
    Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9
    I/O ports at ec00 [size= 8]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    this is the response I get from wvdial:
    --> Initializing modem.
    --> Sending ATZ
    ATZ OK
    --> Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
    ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
    OK
    --> Modem initialized
    -->Sending ATDT (ISPs #)
    <hear dial tone>
    <doesn't dial>

    cd/dev
    chmod 777 modem
    chmod 777 ttyS4
    links and devices are therealready
    doesn't do anything

    Any ideas as to what to do to get it to work?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13
    I have no features on my phone which is plugged into my modem as we speak (and works).
    But this /var/log/messages is interesting.
    Check this out:
    ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
    ttyS02 at 0x03e8 (irq = 4 is a 16550A
    PCI assigned IRQ 9 for device 00:b0
    Redundant entry in serial pci_table. Please send the output of lspci -vv, this message (12b9, 1008, 12b9, 00d3)and the manufacturer and name of serial board or modem board to [email protected] ttyS04 at port 0xec0000 (irq = 9) is a 16550A

    lspci -vv
    00:0b.0 Serial controller US Robotics/3Com 56K Fax/Modem Model 5610 (rev 01) (prog-if 02 [16550])
    Subsystem:USRobotics/3Com= Unknown device 00d3
    Control: I/O + Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWIN- VGASnoop- ParERR- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR+
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 9
    Region 0: I/O ports at ec00 [size 8]
    Capabilities: [dc] Power management version 2
    Flags PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent= 0mA PME (D0+, D1-, D2+, D3hot+, D3cold-)
    Status: D0 PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=2 PME-

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13

    It is working now~ here is how.

    1~ cat /proc/pci (find I/O & IRQ output)
    2~ less var/log/messages (find uart and ttyS? outputs) (these will be located near the I/O port entry and the IRQ entry) (the uart entry will begin with "is a" then write down the number that follows) (hereafter replace ttyS? with the appropriate number)
    3~ cd /dev; test -c ttyS? || ./MAKEDEV ttyS?; chmod 666 /dev/ttyS?
    4~ setserial /dev/ttyS? uart <#> port <I/O Address> IRQ <#> baud_base <baud rate> spd_vhi skip_test
    5~ ln -sf /dev/ttyS? /dev/modem
    6~ wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
    7~ jpico /etc/wvdial.conf (remove the comment chatacters ";" at the beginning of the lines with them) (insert the appropriate info) (delete the "<" and ">" in the script)
    8~ save and exit the editor
    9~ 'wvdial' to dial provider
    10~ if desired find program with konqueror and bring to desktop

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    18
    Is it also written on your USR modem model 0778? I read somebody claiming the 5610A is the same as the 0778 (which I have). I am also trying to get it work.

    feory <at> po-box.mcgill.ca

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    18
    I just got my modem to work. Did you try kppp with /dev/modem?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 06:19 PM
  2. Knoppix 3.8.2 and USRobotics 56K Message Modem
    By lapel in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 09:46 AM
  3. Robotics 5610 modem - How do I do this
    By crhoff in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 09:00 PM
  4. ISO File with USRobotics wireless(PCMCIA)
    By dumb11 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$349.48



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99