-
Junior Member
registered user
USRobotics 5610
I cannot get it to run with Knoppix 3.2. I have a HD install.
lspci -v looks like this
000:0b.0 Serial controller US Robotics/3Com 56K Fax/Modem Model 5610 (rev 01) (prog-if 02 [16550])
Subsystem:USR/3Com= Unknown device 00d3
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9
I/O ports at ec00 [size= 8]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
this is the response I get from wvdial:
--> Initializing modem.
--> Sending ATZ
ATZ OK
--> Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
OK
--> Modem initialized
-->Sending ATDT (ISPs #)
<hear dial tone>
<doesn't dial>
cd/dev
chmod 777 modem
chmod 777 ttyS4
links and devices are therealready
doesn't do anything
Any ideas as to what to do to get it to work?
-
Junior Member
registered user
I have no features on my phone which is plugged into my modem as we speak (and works).
But this /var/log/messages is interesting.
Check this out:
ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
ttyS02 at 0x03e8 (irq = 4 is a 16550A
PCI assigned IRQ 9 for device 00:b0
Redundant entry in serial pci_table. Please send the output of lspci -vv, this message (12b9, 1008, 12b9, 00d3)and the manufacturer and name of serial board or modem board to [email protected] ttyS04 at port 0xec0000 (irq = 9) is a 16550A
lspci -vv
00:0b.0 Serial controller US Robotics/3Com 56K Fax/Modem Model 5610 (rev 01) (prog-if 02 [16550])
Subsystem:USRobotics/3Com= Unknown device 00d3
Control: I/O + Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWIN- VGASnoop- ParERR- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR+
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 9
Region 0: I/O ports at ec00 [size 8]
Capabilities: [dc] Power management version 2
Flags PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent= 0mA PME (D0+, D1-, D2+, D3hot+, D3cold-)
Status: D0 PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=2 PME-
-
Junior Member
registered user
It is working now~ here is how.
1~ cat /proc/pci (find I/O & IRQ output)
2~ less var/log/messages (find uart and ttyS? outputs) (these will be located near the I/O port entry and the IRQ entry) (the uart entry will begin with "is a" then write down the number that follows) (hereafter replace ttyS? with the appropriate number)
3~ cd /dev; test -c ttyS? || ./MAKEDEV ttyS?; chmod 666 /dev/ttyS?
4~ setserial /dev/ttyS? uart <#> port <I/O Address> IRQ <#> baud_base <baud rate> spd_vhi skip_test
5~ ln -sf /dev/ttyS? /dev/modem
6~ wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
7~ jpico /etc/wvdial.conf (remove the comment chatacters ";" at the beginning of the lines with them) (insert the appropriate info) (delete the "<" and ">" in the script)
8~ save and exit the editor
9~ 'wvdial' to dial provider
10~ if desired find program with konqueror and bring to desktop
-
Junior Member
registered user
Is it also written on your USR modem model 0778? I read somebody claiming the 5610A is the same as the 0778 (which I have). I am also trying to get it work.
feory <at> po-box.mcgill.ca
-
Junior Member
registered user
I just got my modem to work. Did you try kppp with /dev/modem?
Similar Threads
-
By rpeck in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 06:19 PM
-
By lapel in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 09:46 AM
-
By crhoff in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 09:00 PM
-
By dumb11 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 01:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$299.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$145.00

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95

Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor - Tested
$180.00

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00