Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Not Booting

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3

    Not Booting

    I'm having a little problem-- I'm trying to boot it off of a CD. When It gives me the "boot:" thing, I just press enter and it seems to boot fine. It then tells me someting like "kernel panic- init not found. try passing the init= option to the kernel"
    So, I tried this when I rebooted the machine;
    Boot: vmlinuz init=/etc/init
    Kernel panic error... etc...

    Then, I do:
    Boot: knoppix init=etc/init
    kernel panic wtf.. screw this...

    How sould I boot knoppix?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3
    ooook, i got past that error by doing 'knoppix init=/ect/init

    But when it asks me for the runlevel, I type in 5, but it gives me a segmentation violation error

Similar Threads

  1. Booting booting... CRASH
    By mortfrog in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$139.99



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00



Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive

$29.99