try cdrecord -scanbus and that should give you the device name.. mine is dev=1,0,0 .. then i think to mount try mount dev/1,0,0 ?? i dont know, see if that works, if not.. sorry im a newb too
Hi,
I am a total newbie to knoppix which I run off my computer's CD ROM. I also have a USB CD drive/writer which I would need to mount as knoppix does not "see" it.
How do I do this?
Many thanks in advance
Andrei
PS: the USB driver/burner is a HP-8200 Plus series
try cdrecord -scanbus and that should give you the device name.. mine is dev=1,0,0 .. then i think to mount try mount dev/1,0,0 ?? i dont know, see if that works, if not.. sorry im a newb too
Hmm. If you're running from the cd, then Knoppix should have detected it and put an icon on your desktop - at least my external usb cdrom burner works that way.
To see whether or not your cdrom device was detected properly look at the contents of dmesg by issuing the following command from a shell.
dmesg |more

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98