-
Senior Member
registered user
boot.img
Just wondering, in there a problem mixing the boot.img of one release (say 15-07-2002) with another's *.iso (say 08-11-2002)?
I'm asking because I just burned a few new CDR with the latest release of 3.1 and am having some problems during boot-up (several missing modprobes?). I never had this problem before, but I didn't make new boot disks this time either....
TIA,
-
Senior Member
registered user
it depends if it's the same kernel _build_
becasue the kernel is on the boot.img, and the modules ( apart from the scsi and cloop modules ) are stored on the cd ( in the KNOPPIX file, when mounted under /lib/modules/2.4.xxx )
so basicly try it, but if Klaus has recompiled the kernel ( likely ) then it won't work
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
eadz
it depends if it's the same kernel _build_
so basicly try it, but if Klaus has recompiled the kernel ( likely ) then it won't work
OK, I tried the new burned cdr's with the right boot-en.img disk and had the same errors on boot-up. However, I tried the same boot procedure on some newer machines and had no problem. I think its the media. The old cd drives can't handle it. I used some TDK CDRs without a problem on these old machines, the new CDRs are some noname....
Thanx
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

Intel Core i7-11700KF 3.60GHz 8 Core SRKNN 16 Thread LGA 1200 USED
$180.00

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99