-
Installing crossover plugin.
Has anyone got the crossover plugin to install?
I am trying to install it as root while in my chrooted source partion, but it fails with a segmentation fault, just after decompressing the archive.
I have also tried it while running from CD thinking I can copy the crossover directory into skel and use it, but it too fails when starting the pluginsetup app.
Any pointers?
-
Senior Member
registered user
have you tried installing it as an ordanary user? that is what it reccomends. Also are you running this from cd?
Once it's installed into /home/knoppix/ you can copy the files to /etc/skel
-

Originally Posted by
eadz
have you tried installing it as an ordanary user? that is what it reccomends. Also are you running this from cd?
Once it's installed into /home/knoppix/ you can copy the files to /etc/skel
Thats the first thing I tried. It installs and copies the files but the pluginsetup doesn't run. (however I can't recall the error message and I am not at the machine that I am using to set it up at the moment).
-
solved
I have now fixed it but just in case anyone else comes across this problem.
While running from CD i installed as knoppix.
When the installer has finished an error occurs stating it can't find dll's.
Download a patch from codeweavers and extract it.
Now run codeweavers/bin/pluginsetup and install your plugins.
copy .crossover, crossover and .mozilla to your source /etc/skel.
Edit /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession to copy the new directories across.
-
crossover plugin
I tried to install version 1.1.3 and got the missing dlls message. Just downloaded version 1.2.0 and the install was flawless. Grooving with Shockwave as we speak. Man, this distro RAWKS!
Yours-Tbobz
-
And I wonder
A few things... 1) do you think i'd be able to fit crossover + quicktime-flash-director on the knoppix cd? even if I squeeze a few les susefull things out? and the second... woudl this be legal? since knoppix is GPL by introducing these things on the CD will be a breach even if it's for my personal use only?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: And I wonder

Originally Posted by
lars_g
A few things... 1) do you think i'd be able to fit crossover + quicktime-flash-director on the knoppix cd? even if I squeeze a few les susefull things out? and the second... woudl this be legal? since knoppix is GPL by introducing these things on the CD will be a breach even if it's for my personal use only?
Yes you can put them on the cd if you don't further distribute that cd.
Also, to fit you may have to take stuff off.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Why not start with one of the lite remasters?
Check under documentation > KnoppixCustomizations for some of the smaller versions of Knoppix people have already made. KnoppixLite keeps KDE in but strips out almost everything that's not "desktop" related. It would be a great base to start with and already enough room to fit all of the possible CrossoverPlugin apps (Trillian, etc.).
Similar Threads
-
By rail_man in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-29-2004, 01:05 PM
-
By giacomix in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 10-09-2004, 05:32 PM
-
By giacomix in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 02:51 PM
-
By bgood98 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 03:20 PM
-
By 0x65destroyer in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 04:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90