have you tried installing it as an ordanary user? that is what it reccomends. Also are you running this from cd?
Once it's installed into /home/knoppix/ you can copy the files to /etc/skel
Has anyone got the crossover plugin to install?
I am trying to install it as root while in my chrooted source partion, but it fails with a segmentation fault, just after decompressing the archive.
I have also tried it while running from CD thinking I can copy the crossover directory into skel and use it, but it too fails when starting the pluginsetup app.
Any pointers?
![]()
have you tried installing it as an ordanary user? that is what it reccomends. Also are you running this from cd?
Once it's installed into /home/knoppix/ you can copy the files to /etc/skel
Thats the first thing I tried. It installs and copies the files but the pluginsetup doesn't run. (however I can't recall the error message and I am not at the machine that I am using to set it up at the moment).Originally Posted by eadz
I have now fixed it but just in case anyone else comes across this problem.
While running from CD i installed as knoppix.
When the installer has finished an error occurs stating it can't find dll's.
Download a patch from codeweavers and extract it.
Now run codeweavers/bin/pluginsetup and install your plugins.
copy .crossover, crossover and .mozilla to your source /etc/skel.
Edit /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession to copy the new directories across.
![]()
I tried to install version 1.1.3 and got the missing dlls message. Just downloaded version 1.2.0 and the install was flawless. Grooving with Shockwave as we speak. Man, this distro RAWKS!
Yours-Tbobz
A few things... 1) do you think i'd be able to fit crossover + quicktime-flash-director on the knoppix cd? even if I squeeze a few les susefull things out? and the second... woudl this be legal? since knoppix is GPL by introducing these things on the CD will be a breach even if it's for my personal use only?
Yes you can put them on the cd if you don't further distribute that cd.Originally Posted by lars_g
Also, to fit you may have to take stuff off.
Check under documentation > KnoppixCustomizations for some of the smaller versions of Knoppix people have already made. KnoppixLite keeps KDE in but strips out almost everything that's not "desktop" related. It would be a great base to start with and already enough room to fit all of the possible CrossoverPlugin apps (Trillian, etc.).

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
Intel H2000 4 Node H2216XXKR, 2x 1600w PSU HPC Server Chassis 16x 2.5"
$199.99