Hi MattT
Try:
Konqueror --> Settings --> Configure Konqueror
---> Crypto --> OpenSLL (tab) --> (folder)
--> /usr/lib/ssl/ --> Test
Best Wishes
paradocs
Konqueror is the best gui ftp client I have ever seen. Preview, drag, and drop files all integrated into the file browser.
But I can't get sftp to work at all. After about a minute it times out and says "Can not talk to SSH". I know the address is correct because I can connect using the command line sftp no problem. The format is sftp://username@address.
I have been looking around and the problem looks pretty common. I even submitted a bug report to KDE. But it would be a big help if any of you fellow Knoppix users have some suggestions.
Also, in case that dosen't work does anyone know anything about fish? Is that as secure as sftp and what does the sever have to do to provide it?
Hi MattT
Try:
Konqueror --> Settings --> Configure Konqueror
---> Crypto --> OpenSLL (tab) --> (folder)
--> /usr/lib/ssl/ --> Test
Best Wishes
paradocs
Test returned successfully and I clicked apply. Still get same error though.
From the Kio_Fish Home pageOriginally Posted by MattT
So really fish is just a way to use ssh throuh a gui. It should be as secure as ssh. In order to use fish the server needs to be running ssh.kio_fish is a kioslave for KDE 2/3 that lets you view and manipulate your remote files using just a simple shell account and some standard unix commands on the remote machine. You get full filesystem access without setting up a server - no NFS, Samba, ... needed.
Usage is really simple: open up a konqueror window (or use the Alt-F2 dialog) and type 'fish://[email protected]'. kio_fish will ask you for the password, if any is needed, and you will start out in your home directory. Now you can do everything you do on your local hard disk.
I really like fish. I always forget scp commands and so fish works nicely for me.

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
KINGSPEC 512Gb Sata III SSD 2.5" + WIN 11 PRIORITY
$105.25
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
KIOXIA KBG6AZNV512G 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD — TESTED & READY TO USE
$58.99