Klaptop is designed for notebooks with Advanced Power Management (APM), but most newer notebooks use ACPI instead. So either you need to somehow emulate APM, else choose another battery monitoring applet, like aKpi
Has anyone had any success getting Klaptop to work? Mine does not give me any status and so I don't know how much juice I have left in the laptop.
thanks
Klaptop is designed for notebooks with Advanced Power Management (APM), but most newer notebooks use ACPI instead. So either you need to somehow emulate APM, else choose another battery monitoring applet, like aKpi
Cool..thanks for the help.
I will look into Kapi and report back on how it works.
thanks
http://akpi.scmd.at/news.php
I downloaded Kapi, and used the Debian packages, but not apt-get to get it.
When running it, it is looking for a png file and won't start up. I created a soft link to that file, but it still won't start up.
Any ideas why this isn't working?
thanks
Ok, so I copied over a bunch of .png files into a pic directory and that is ok now, but when trying to start aKpi, it wants /proc/acpi and I don't see that listed under /proc.
Looks like Knoppix 3.2 doesn't come with this option compiled into the kernel, correct?
How would I go about getting this compiled into the kernel?
thanks

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99