-
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/knoppix...-CHANGELOG.txt
* V3.2-2003-07-25
- workaround for erraneouos DNS update script of pppconfig 2.2.0
- dma bootoption now also enables DMA for CD-Roms
- enable Promise controller softwareraid on boot (Kernel 2.4.21)
- added atmel drivers for wireless cards
-
Senior Member
registered user
What version GnomeMeeting
Darn!
Just downloaded version 07-04. Guess I'll have to look for 07-05 now! Good thing I didn't burn it to CD. Think I'm going to just start using CDRW for my distros!
Do the updated versions contain GnomeMeeting .98 yet, or are they still at 0.96.1?
Thanks in advance,
Paul
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks to those who pointed out that I was using the wrong command to effect Fabian's installer. Must pay more attention in class.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Oh well, even with 20030725, I still cannot print colored text from KATE to my HP DeskJet 930C using CUPS....
Regards,
-
Junior Member
registered user
CDRW
Please DO use CDRW for Knoppix as it changes so fast! CDRW works well on modern CD-ROMs and you save the envioronment too
-
Senior Member
registered user
For some reason I've never been able to burn on CD-RW media, much less reburn. I use Memorex media (CD-R data 700MB) in my CD-RW drive (toshiba). Whenever I use CD-RW media (tried several brands) I just get a Linux Coaster!
Can anyone recommend CD-RW media?
TIA,
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: CDRW

Originally Posted by
softgun
Please DO use CDRW for Knoppix as it changes so fast! CDRW works well on modern CD-ROMs and you save the envioronment too

no, please don't.
Give all your old Knoppix to friends.
If each person just would tell two persons ... 
cu
Fabian
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi! I'm just trying knoppix-installer, and it seems I have found a bug... after i used the partitioner (wasnt qtparted used in the installer? whatever) i got an "usage for Xdialog" screen. and every time I restart knoppix-installer, after the intitial 'welcome'screen I'm thrown into that usagescreen again. the console says:
Fatal dialog error:
Xdialog: missing list parameters !
and then the usage... 
another question, I've formatted my partition on which I will install knoppix with reiserFS, but the installer warned me it was going to format it with ext3 (after which I choose 'back' instead of next, choose 'partitioning', and was thrown into the very interesting usage for xdialog-screen)
but how to install on the reiserfs-partition without re-formatting?
grtz
Jos
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Superstoned
Hi! I'm just trying knoppix-installer, and it seems I have found a bug... after i used the partitioner (wasnt qtparted used in the installer? whatever) i got an "usage for Xdialog" screen. and every time I restart knoppix-installer, after the intitial 'welcome'screen I'm thrown into that usagescreen again. the console says:
Fatal dialog error:
Xdialog: missing list parameters !
and then the usage...
another question, I've formatted my partition on which I will install knoppix with reiserFS, but the installer warned me it was going to format it with ext3 (after which I choose 'back' instead of next, choose 'partitioning', and was thrown into the very interesting usage for xdialog-screen)
but how to install on the reiserfs-partition without re-formatting?
grtz
Jos
I'm sorry for this bug. I'll see where it comes from, when I'm back home.

For the other problem just save the configuration, open it with an text-editor, change "ext3" to "reiserfs" or set HD_FORMAT to "no" ...
Then re-load this configuration with the installers load-function ...
Then you get what you want ...
cu
Fabian
PS: I'm really, really sorry for the above bug. Hope I can fix it before the next release, but atm I have not much time ...
-
Senior Member
registered user
new installer
I know this is not the right place to post but since were talking about the new "knoppix-installer"......... 
I used it to install the new 7-26 knoppix to hd and like the new stuff and it worked great.I would just like to request that you include the option to say "no" to the services like sshd and mail-server and stuff like the old knx-hdinstall" and more importiantly to be able to say "no" to kdm as this would be usefull on a remaster that didnt include kde.I like to boot my system to textmode after a hd install and start what I want or work in console and was not given this option with the new installer.Mabey I just missed it and it's there?
Anyway we still have the old installer too so it's no biggie....just a thought.
Great work Fabian
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 42
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 06:22 PM
-
Replies: 44
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 08:27 PM
-
Replies: 32
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 03:34 AM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:23 AM
-
By gjakuipers in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$218.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99

Lenovo THINKPAD L15 GEN 4 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$245.00