Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: KnoppiXMAME

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3

    Re: KnoppiXMAME iso image:hard to get

    Quote Originally Posted by drfreak
    Quote Originally Posted by lrf

    It's a couple of days I am trying to download from official site but it turned out to be impossible to access.
    Today I started browsing mirror sites and finally found KnoppiXMAME on a Swiss ftp but:
    - size of file is 211MB
    - after download gunzip step halts with a message of "unexpected end of file".

    Do you have any suggestion or an alternative address where to pick it up?

    TIA
    Here is the location all new versions wind up in:

    ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/system/emulators
    or
    http://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/system/emulators

    You may not be downloading the official KnoppiXMAME. The release version is a standard .iso and not gzipped. There is also a .md5 file to check it with in the directory on ibiblio.
    Thanks for the .gz extension warning.

    These are the locations you mentioned in a previous message and they seem unreachable..[just tested again].

  2. #12
    bhsx
    Guest

    How to boot to fluxbox/gxmame?

    I've been looking for where to change knoppix's default WM... how did you get it to boot to fluxbox as default?
    I've been looking through all sorts of files for the answer, I'm assuming wherever you put it, the line looks something like
    exec /usr/bin/fluxbox && gxmame
    but where?
    Thanks.

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139

    KnoppixMame idea

    How about some way of dumping an arcade compatable video mode out of the video card?

    Why do I ask?

    http://stonent.pointclark.net

  4. #14
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    35
    Probably the easiest way to have fluxbox be the default is to boot from floppy and change the syslinux.cfg and add the boot arg to use fluxbox to the default append statement. That should work.

    Rixel

  5. #15
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, California, USA
    Posts
    27

    Re: KnoppixMame idea

    Quote Originally Posted by stonent
    How about some way of dumping an arcade compatable video mode out of the video card?

    Why do I ask?

    http://stonent.pointclark.net
    I do want to add arcade compatible video and need testers because I don't have any working arcade machines to test on. If you send me an email, I will work with you to get it added.

  6. #16
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, California, USA
    Posts
    27

    Re: KnoppixMame idea

    Quote Originally Posted by stonent
    How about some way of dumping an arcade compatable video mode out of the video card?

    Why do I ask?

    http://stonent.pointclark.net
    I do want to add arcade compatible video and need testers because I don't have any working arcade machines to test on. If you send me an email, I will work with you to get it added.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1
    Thank you drfreak for putting this together.

    Anyone ever see this?

    I'm getting a "/usr/bin/xmame is not a valid executable" error after X starts up. gxmame fires up just fine, but i still get that error when trying to launch any rom. i'm using the ISO build from Jun20, from ibiblio.org. i double checked, and the file does indeed exist under /usr/bin. has anyone seen this issue before? I've searched all around for an answer, but no dice.

    thanks in advance to everyone for any and all help

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by OmahaVike
    Thank you drfreak for putting this together.

    Anyone ever see this?

    I'm getting a "/usr/bin/xmame is not a valid executable" error after X starts up. gxmame fires up just fine, but i still get that error when trying to launch any rom. i'm using the ISO build from Jun20, from ibiblio.org. i double checked, and the file does indeed exist under /usr/bin. has anyone seen this issue before? I've searched all around for an answer, but no dice.

    thanks in advance to everyone for any and all help
    Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same problem...

    Thanks!

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    16
    Hello there

    We have similar kind of project ... we have to minimize KNOPPIX as much as we can just leaving behinde the open office , kde support , print support , email client and internet support ... can u provide us the list of packages u removed from knoppix inorder to get that distribution of urs ??? we r unable to find safe list ... each time we delete some package smthing goes wrong ... either we r unable to make filesystem or we delete some file that is required by kde.init ...

    please help us in this regard ... thank u

  10. #20
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, California, USA
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by urpk
    Hello there

    We have similar kind of project ... we have to minimize KNOPPIX as much as we can just leaving behinde the open office , kde support , print support , email client and internet support ... can u provide us the list of packages u removed from knoppix inorder to get that distribution of urs ??? we r unable to find safe list ... each time we delete some package smthing goes wrong ... either we r unable to make filesystem or we delete some file that is required by kde.init ...

    please help us in this regard ... thank u
    Hi. I don't really have such a list. Minimizing the packages is a black art. heh. I can give you a rule of thumb on my method:

    I put only the sources for sid, mplayer (marillat.free.fr) and the debian experimental packages in sources.list. I then did a full dist-upgrade, but chose "N" to all debconf questions asking to replace any config files. I then went into dselect and removed everything I could think of except of course X and anything which had "knoppix" in the name. Using dselect is helpful because it will warn you if a knoppix package might possibly get replaced by a debian package. It's been an incremental process deciding what to axe, but I'm down to about 150MB now since I removed XFree 4.3 and most internationalization stuff I could find.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. KnoppiXMAME 1.1
    By drfreak in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 06:14 PM
  2. KnoppiXMAME
    By Lotmr in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2003, 04:30 AM
  3. KnoppiXMAME 1.0 out
    By drfreak in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 04:29 AM
  4. knoppixmame
    By MonkeyMartin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 09:53 AM
  5. KnoppixMAME
    By thewalkingman in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor picture

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor

$70.00



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested picture

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested

$25.46



Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card picture

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card

$26.21



RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s picture

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s

$319.99