-
which wireless network cards are automaticly recognized by K
Which wireless network cards are automaticly recognized by Knoppix?
What do you guys recommend? I am currently using a sitecom wl-011 in my laptop with no luck. I am sure i could install it if I install Knoppix on my harddisk but my primair OS is still Windows ...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Orinoco Gold. It has always worked flawlessly. One of the best supported linux wireless cards I am told.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I use a linksys wmp11 pci, it works great, autodetects + dhcp works fine. I believe it is identical to the pcmcia version, just piggybacked on a pci card so the pcmcia card should work too. Its based on a Prism2 card so I would think any card with that chipset would work the same, but I can't say for sure.
-

Originally Posted by
aay
Orinoco Gold. It has always worked flawlessly. One of the best supported linux wireless cards I am told.
Really? I just picked up Orinoco Gold B/G card and I can't get it to work.
Can anyone help me out here?
thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
JockVSJock

Originally Posted by
aay
Orinoco Gold. It has always worked flawlessly. One of the best supported linux wireless cards I am told.
Really? I just picked up Orinoco Gold B/G card and I can't get it to work.
Can anyone help me out here?
thanks
Mine is a B card only: the older one that allows you to attach an antenna. There is no support in Linux for G. From what I understand Broadcom, the chipmaker, won't support linux themselves or release the specs for linux hackers to write their own drivers. It's a real shame. Perhaps this B/G card uses the new chip with backward support for B. I suspect that would explain why you can't get anything out of it. The B only cards should work fine though.
Similar Threads
-
By aay in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-22-2006, 01:17 PM
-
By Philly_Blunt in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-23-2004, 03:22 PM
-
By applecran in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 06:02 PM
-
By morenaso45 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 04:49 AM
-
By david in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99