Well it is a new installer that's for sure. I'm not sure of all the new features. Best way to find out is to give it a try. I plan to when I get a chance. The new release went up last night you can download it and give it a try.
Hi, what is Knoppix-install from Fabian Franz? I've been reading about the new knoppix cd on distrowatch. I wonder, is this finally the capacity to install Knoppix while saving all your setiings and keeping all the excellent hardware detection of the CD?
Because if it is it will be amazing.
So what's the word?
Q
Well it is a new installer that's for sure. I'm not sure of all the new features. Best way to find out is to give it a try. I plan to when I get a chance. The new release went up last night you can download it and give it a try.
It gives you your own user on install and if you use the extra features it will seperate out the install into a real /, /home,/usr all kinds of extra stuff like that.Originally Posted by raid517
Stephen,
Is qtparted automatically invoked to help with partitioning?
No you just use cfdisk as usual actually I had already made the partitions before hand before testing the installer with an old version a few weeks ago and I just quit the cfdisk when doing the install but it was the same old procedure for that anyway.Originally Posted by aay
i need to download source of knoppix-install from fabian...not all of knoppix .iso...
can some one give me URL?
So no ability to save your settings? And you still loose all of the cool harware detection as before? Sigh, well I guess I will only ever be able to use Knoppix as a demo cd - and not for anything very useful.
BTW is there an iso I can download where the default language is English? Its a pain in the butt having to select your language on boot. I can understand the developers not doing it for all the languages, but surely it is at least applicable for the most widely used language in the world? I mean c'mon... German... who in ther right mind speaks that, appart from maybe a few Germans.
Q
All mirrors should carry ISO's which default to American instead of German.Originally Posted by raid517
Just pick the -EN version rather than the -DE one.
Well Klaus Knopper and Fabian Frantz, and lots of fine KDE contributors, I hear.Originally Posted by raid517
Now put your other foot in your mouth.
Try here you would want the June 20th file version .39.Originally Posted by vynx
What ever do you mean? You can save your settings when you boot the cd- you've always been able to do that. If you're referring to a hdd install then your settings are saved there too (of course). What do you need hardware detection for if you've installed it? If you change hardware it's easy enough to set up. As far as "not anything useful" I think you must be missing something here my friend- Knoppix is the easiest distro to install there is. I takes all of 20 minutes! It's extremely useful. Perhaps you could elaborate on your comments?Originally Posted by raid517
Look for an .iso with EN in the name.
aay- yes qtparted is part of the install script if you do sudo knoppix-installer

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99