I've just customized my custom-made knoppix to use kernel 2.4.22-pre7 for better support of USB2 hardware, plus some of my own kernel patches.
Went smooth. Just compiled the kernel and modules, copied everything, customized miniroot.gz (initrd) to include the correct modules, and everything works. (Got rid of XFS but I don't think it'll be a problem).![]()
After using it for a while, it suddenly occured to me - I must've broke ALSA since its also kernel modules. It didn't matter so far since I don't need it on the machine I'm currently using.
However, it made me wonder - what other kernel modules should I recompile, other than the integral ones ?
And also, where do I find the configuration which was used for compiling alsa for knoppix ? I want to just compile it the same way for the new kernel.

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97