Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What about a Knoppix remastering about security?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    What about a Knoppix remastering about security?

    Yes, I know: Knoppix already contains many security packages like airsnort and kismet for wireless, nessun and nmap for network scanning, ethereal and ettercap for sniffing, ipchains and iptables for firewalling, httptunnel and stunnel for tunneling, etc.

    But I feel something is missing...: Snort? Where is it (I mean with MySQL and ACID/Sguil preconfigured)?
    What about a packet shaper (I'm thinking of Paketto Keiretsu)?
    What about a port relay?
    What about an advanced ICMP based scanner (I'm thinking of xprobe2)?
    What about a GUI for ipchains and iptables (I'm thinking about FWbuilder)?
    What about a DHCP/DNS spoofer (I'm thinking about DNSHijacker)?
    What about a wardialer?
    What about a password cracker (I'm thinking about THC-Hydra)?
    What about a forensic suite (I'm thinking about The Coroner's Toolkit)?
    What about a web assessment tool (I'm thinking of Exodus)?
    What about a MAC address change tool?
    What about a file integrity checker (I'm thinking about tripwire)?
    What about an honeypot (I'm thinking about honeyd)?
    What about a reverse HTTP backdoor?
    ...ok, I stop it...

    Isn't enough to build a customized Knoppix distribution?

    (For the ones thinking I think too much and no act at all , I need to explain that I'm not so skilled in linux to rearrange a Knoppix distro, so I only can hope someone will like this idea and realize it)

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    85
    Knoppix Security Tools Distro (STD)
    http://www.knoppix-std.org/

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooow

    Many thanks dude!

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix security
    By lordb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 06:43 AM
  2. Remastering Suite V1.01 released! Easy Knoppix-Remastering
    By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
  3. Knoppix security + firewall?
    By Neo-Rio in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 03:11 PM
  4. Knoppix Security
    By Bd84 in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-27-2003, 04:16 PM
  5. Knoppix and security
    By WT in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2002, 09:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard

$351.99