No you haven't misunderstood it at all. There is alot of competition between distros and even desktop environments. Personally I don't care- Knoppix throws an excellent distro on the hdd in no time flat and it works for me. I'm using it on a 233Mhz laptop that would have taken daaaaaays to bootsrap Debian on. Not to mention adding all the software I need. Instead, I just rebuild the kernel to suit my needs and remove the apps I don't want in one fell swoop- it's alot faster that way.Originally Posted by three eyes open

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$95.00
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
DEC PDP 11/05 or 11/10 system complete, H900 box, vintage, Digital Equip Corp
$3509.00
DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$69.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used
$160.00