-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
three eyes open
That's funny: I thought Debian was open-source and that the point of open source software was that anyone could change it to suit them. I'm still a Linux newbie; have I misunderstood the open source movement?
No you haven't misunderstood it at all. There is alot of competition between distros and even desktop environments. Personally I don't care- Knoppix throws an excellent distro on the hdd in no time flat and it works for me. I'm using it on a 233Mhz laptop that would have taken daaaaaays to bootsrap Debian on. Not to mention adding all the software I need. Instead, I just rebuild the kernel to suit my needs and remove the apps I don't want in one fell swoop- it's alot faster that way.
Similar Threads
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By grupsapa in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 09:19 PM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By freeman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 07:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested
$285.00

Commodore Amiga 391425-02 BUDGIE REV A Chip for A1200 #9348
$79.99

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99

Commodore Amiga 391010-01 8374 ALICE Chip for A1200 #4893
$249.99

ECS SUPER DENISE CSG 390433-02 8373R4PD for Commodore Amiga 500 2000 2500 3000
$127.00

Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000
$599.99

Commodore Amiga 391078-01 CIA Chip for A600, A1200, A4000D, A4000T & CD32 #0494
$39.99

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99