-
Re: luelljoc's PCMCIA CD-ROM boot floppies ready and working

Originally Posted by
tx
...
I have verified success on my Toshiba Portege 3110ct with the external Freecom PCMCIA CD-ROM drive, using the floppies and the latest (2003-09-22) Knoppix ISO.
...
I have the same model of the Toshiba Portege 3110ct, with an external pcmcia cdrom model F-TO-TCD-24L (Says on the sticker "designed for Toshiba Portege 3110 CT").
I boot the first floppy (boot disk), and the second (pcmcia drivers) floppy, then the external cdrom lights up just fine and it starts seeking for the knoppix files. It proceeds to mount the knoppix cd and succeeds, under /cdrom. I know this because It fails at some point on module cloop.o and throws me back into the limited shell.
I'm getting really desparate with this - any ideas what to try next? I tried with and without the cheatcodes you suggested, and even tried the ide2=0x180 parameter. Nothing seems to help with the cloop.o failure.
Thanks,
Skaag
Similar Threads
-
By Zymous in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2005, 10:10 PM
-
By TyphoonMentat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 10:02 AM
-
By Mumtaz in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 09:50 PM
-
By mike12 in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 04:27 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$248.00

Sophos SG 115 rev.3 Firewall Security Appliance SG1153BAEUS + OPNsense
$85.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99