Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: nvidia GeforceFX 5600 not working (Help !!!)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    nvidia GeforceFX 5600 not working (Help !!!)

    Hi all,

    I recently downloaded Knoppix and it rules man, it boots up and is ready real quick and is as easy to use, "if not better", than Mandrake

    I bought a MSI GeforceFX 5600 128MB DDR with VIVO and DVI at a PC show recently to replace my Geforce4MX, and the card is great on windows, however Knoppix does not recognize the card.

    I have tried a few command line switches that are listed after pressing "F2" at boot, but the monitor goes blank on the Analogue VGA outlet.

    Does anyone know if this version of Knoppix supports the card and if not any way I can get it to display properly until Knoppix supports this card in a newer version.

    JamesX............

    P.S. Sorry for mentioning the "W" word on a Linux website I am weening myself onto Linux and will soon never have to mention the "W" word again

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Did you boot with xmodule=nv?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2
    a-ha

    No I didn't try that, but as Knoppix previously picked up my Geforce4MX it must have used that module before, and I assumed it would try a nearest match module for the new card if it didn't have an exact match.

    OK I pressed "F2" at the boot screen and then typed "knoppix lang=us xmodule=nv" and it worked straight away no problems.

    Woo-hoo I got me Linux back, every day I use Linux is one more day closer to weening myself off of Micro$haft.

    I suppose this should work with any nvidia GeforceFX 5200, 5600, 5800, and 5900 chipset based Graphics card Ultra version or Normal

    Nice one Rickenbacherus you just solved a lot of peoples worries in one quick post. , damn the Linux community rules

    Laterz,
    JamesX................................

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8
    james what exactly was wrong with yours?
    i have geforcefx 5600 and i cant get knoppix to work, maybe we have same problem?

    i am going to try what u did and see if it works.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1

    Same problem with geforce fx 5200

    thanks works like a charm now

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9
    I had the same problem to. But i discovered already

Similar Threads

  1. DVI Flat Panel Monitor on GeForceFX 5600
    By SoulSlinger in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 05:30 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
  3. Nvidia 5600, Audigy and Knoppix
    By Grendel in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2003, 11:53 PM
  4. GeforceFX 5200
    By arkaine23 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2003, 09:25 AM
  5. Sound working / not working on Knoppix 3.2
    By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033

$125.00



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$55.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate 2.5

Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500

$19.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99