well I had tried 11 distros and finally I tried Knoppix. The network card worked right from the start. I messed up the /etc/passwd file and had to reformat/reinstall. I use Knoppix-STD, the security tools version. After I reformatted, my card hasn't been working right. It doesnt work when it boots (maybe I need to edit a file to get it to start at boot?). If I unplug it and plug it back in, the lights on the dongle come on but then shut off. I switched network cords to a brand new one straight out of a package, but it still didnt work right. I just kept plugging it in and out and jiggling it around and for now its working. Anyone ever have this problem or know how to fix it? Also, I'de appreciate help on how to make it start at boot (which, oddly, it used to do before I reformatted without me having to edit anything). Thank you for your help.

vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New
$79.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99
Vintage Apple Power Macintosh 9600/200 Motherboard 820-0865-A with Memory
$299.99
Vintage APPLE MACINTOSH II Desktop PC EMPTY CASE & Power Supply Only UNTESTED
$39.90
Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord
$44.99
Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 +
$74.95
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99