-
odd problems with belkin pcmcia network card
well I had tried 11 distros and finally I tried Knoppix. The network card worked right from the start. I messed up the /etc/passwd file and had to reformat/reinstall. I use Knoppix-STD, the security tools version. After I reformatted, my card hasn't been working right. It doesnt work when it boots (maybe I need to edit a file to get it to start at boot?). If I unplug it and plug it back in, the lights on the dongle come on but then shut off. I switched network cords to a brand new one straight out of a package, but it still didnt work right. I just kept plugging it in and out and jiggling it around and for now its working. Anyone ever have this problem or know how to fix it? Also, I'de appreciate help on how to make it start at boot (which, oddly, it used to do before I reformatted without me having to edit anything). Thank you for your help.
Similar Threads
-
By karloss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 08:59 PM
-
By extricator71 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-14-2004, 07:20 AM
-
By BoopaMagal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 07:32 AM
-
By Sukrillux in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 05:39 AM
-
By Gerald in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched
$149.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz CMW32GX4M2E3200C16
$169.99

Timetec 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4-3200 DIMM 288-Pin CL22 Non-ECC Unbuffered
$245.00

SK hynix 32GB DDR4 2666MHz (2×16GB) PC4-2666V-SE1-11 HMA82GS6JJR8N-VK
$99.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99