well I had tried 11 distros and finally I tried Knoppix. The network card worked right from the start. I messed up the /etc/passwd file and had to reformat/reinstall. I use Knoppix-STD, the security tools version. After I reformatted, my card hasn't been working right. It doesnt work when it boots (maybe I need to edit a file to get it to start at boot?). If I unplug it and plug it back in, the lights on the dongle come on but then shut off. I switched network cords to a brand new one straight out of a package, but it still didnt work right. I just kept plugging it in and out and jiggling it around and for now its working. Anyone ever have this problem or know how to fix it? Also, I'de appreciate help on how to make it start at boot (which, oddly, it used to do before I reformatted without me having to edit anything). Thank you for your help.

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$57.99
ADATA DDR4 RAM 2666MHZ 16GB (2x8) TESTED WORKING
$50.00
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$2649.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Kingston 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11 ECC REG Server Memory HP24D4R7D4MAM-32
$140.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Synology 4GB ECC SOD DDR4 D4ES04-4G
$129.99