-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: HDD Install
As you can see I split your posts from their previous location. It is advisable to create your own topic in a forum so that it has better visibility.

Originally Posted by
sonic20
I had tried Knoppix loaded from disk 3 times with out any problems on my W98 box and I liked it. I wanted to do a hard install on its own drive 2.95 and maintain W98 on another to do dual boot. I decided to erase everything on the extra drive, but could not get rid of the trash basket from W98.
I was going to follow pnti's instructions, but now I cannot load the os from disk. After the Welcome to Knoppix 3.2 screen displays, the program begins to auto load but stops after about 10 lines after the lines :
USB found, managed by hotplug
enabling hotplug manager
autoconfiguring device (followed by green bar) h
Then the cursor stops at the beginning of next line and just blinks.
I appreciate any ideas, (BTW I am really new to linux). Thanks
I am unsure of how you are trying to boot knoppix, whether from cdrom or booting the .iso from your hard drive. Either way, try this:
boot: knoppix nousb
I don't know if you have any USB devices you wish to use but that usually will get you by the error you're getting. Post some hardware details and the output of lspci -v.
Similar Threads
-
By phoenixzero in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-24-2004, 06:14 AM
-
By fishjg in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 09:10 PM
-
By Loper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:38 AM
-
By toeknee in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 04:03 PM
-
By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1444.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99