Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: New Knoppix release : V3.2-2003-07-26

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Hassan City, Karnataka State, India
    Posts
    1
    Shucks... I downloaded 3.1 just a week ago.

  2. #22
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Vm.
    Shucks... I downloaded 3.1 just a week ago.
    r u sure it was 3.1
    3.1 was released ages ago. it is not on the mirrors. where did u get it.

  3. #23
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    Does anyone know if the NTFS driver is still the 1.x on the latest CD version ? I have problem reading clooped image on NTFS if the 1.x driver is used.

  4. #24
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    hi,
    Are you planning to release a Knoppix that immediately integrate the ACPI???

    thxs
    Ludo

  5. #25
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by garyng
    Does anyone know if the NTFS driver is still the 1.x on the latest CD version ? I have problem reading clooped image on NTFS if the 1.x driver is used.
    Its not possible to read cloop-KNOPPIX-Fiels form ntfs!

    Neither with new nor old driver!

    For reading old driver is ok!

    cu

    Fabian

  6. #26
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    Do you mean the new cloop driver ?

    I have no problem putting a clooped image on NTFS(and boot from it), so long I use the new 2.x NTFS driver.

  7. #27
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by garyng
    Do you mean the new cloop driver ?

    I have no problem putting a clooped image on NTFS(and boot from it), so long I use the new 2.x NTFS driver.
    Hm, but only with an modified boot-floppy surely ?

    That has an ntfs-driver and linuxrc extended ?

    cu

    Fabian

    PS: But, hey good idea! I could provide a boot-floppy with nfts-cloop-mount support...

  8. #28
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    Yes, either compile in the new NTFS support in the kernel or add the NTFS module(2.x) in the initrd and change linuxrc accordingly.

    What I want to know is if the new CD image already have this or I would still need to use my customized initrd/kernel.

  9. #29
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by garyng
    Yes, either compile in the new NTFS support in the kernel or add the NTFS module(2.x) in the initrd and change linuxrc accordingly.

    What I want to know is if the new CD image already have this or I would still need to use my customized initrd/kernel.
    Customised, ntfs.o is not small and there is not muc hspace on boot-floppy ...

    cu

    Fabian

  10. #30
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    I throw out the scsi drivers which is not in used for 99% of today's desktop.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 06:22 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 03:34 AM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 10:54 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:23 AM
  5. NEW RELEASE - KNOPPIX V3.2-2003-07-25
    By gjakuipers in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2003, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver picture

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver

$299.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204 picture

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204

$24.97



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00