Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: New Knoppix release : V3.2-2003-07-26

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, USA
    Posts
    5
    Success. I attempted all listed sites in US and several European sites and none seemed to work - Downloaded ISO from knoppix.nl site using SuSE 8.1 live cd - Knoppix would not let me save to local drives - maybe a permission issue? I ran md5sum and showed ok, burned and posting from system now, so I guess it's ok now.... I had used Fresh Download to download all previous ISO's and had no problems. Will use SuSE or Knoppix to download from now on.

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262

    Knoppix Goes The Same Way as Morphix: Cd won't Boot

    I think there is a problem with hardware detection with this kernel.
    I had a problem booting the latest morphix cds which come with kernel 2.4.21 on my office pc and Now it is happening to knoppix although it is the reverse.
    I can boot the 26-07 knoppix in my office pc but not on my home pc. The boot process gets stuck at the penguin image.

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    27
    and .. while the installation on hdd (knx-hdinstall)
    I have:

    cp: reading 'var/lib/dpkg/info/t1lib1.postinst':Input/output error
    cp: reading 'var/lib/dpkg/info/telnetd.list': Input/output error


    but 'knoppix testcd' didn't indicate any errors. Versions from 20.05 and 06.06 are installing without any problems.
    - best regards

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3

    Re: New Knoppix release : V3.2-2003-07-26

    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    V3.2-2003-07-26
    - Bugfix: downgraded pppconfig from 2.2 to 2.1 to fix DNS problem with DSL
    Will this remedy the fact that I haven't been able to establish an ADSL internet connection using the last two versions of Knoppix. I don't want to go through the whole download, burn schmozzle time and again to attempt a fix.
    I have been searching for a discussion of my particular problem in this forum and tried googling for it as well with no luck. Have I just missed a simple solution or will obtaining the latest Knoppix make my life right again?

  5. #15

    USB Phoebe Wi-Fi

    I understand this copy should of worked with my phoebe usb wireless (USB)

    I booted up. it froze while detecting..

    thought nothing of it so I rebooted without the usb phoebe wireless.

    booted up then selected the usbview under applications > tools

    plugged it in walong side my logitec usb optical mouse. and it showed red unknown or whatever then everything froze.

    this wireless usb adaptor works wounders in windows.. no problems. it has the common chipset found in alot of wireless adaptors.

    I sure hope this is fixed. I love debian.

    I have given up on spyware virus unstable infested windows. And am so so happy with rock solid stable world of linux. Been windows clean (on my laptop , main system I use!) since jan 2003.

    How long you been clean?!

  6. #16
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    I think we need a 12 Step program, what do you think?

  7. #17
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    39

    Kernel

    If another release is planned in the near future (seems very often these days), I suggest upgrading to kernel 2.4.22-pre7 (or a newer one if released). I ran into problems with USB 2.0 in high-speed and it turned out to be a bug in ehci-hcd.o. The bug has been fixed in 2.4.22-pre1. I remastered my Knoppix with pre7 and now I can finally used USB 2.0 in high-speed mode without getting hangs on VIA chipsets.

  8. #18
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    12

    Bittorrent - Thanks Henk Poley

    Bittorrent!

    Don't forget to leave your bittorrent client up after you download. This helps feed the need

    http://www.boegenielsen.dk/knoppix/

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3
    Hi.
    I have Problems with this version. Knoppix no detect my
    sound card (AC97, mainboard ECS). With another version
    (2003.20.05 and 2003.06.06) all is ok. After install on disk and
    loading module (modconf) my card still doesn't work
    BTW - this version slower booting on my computer. What's happend?
    -- thnx

  10. #20
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by tomboc
    Hi.
    I have Problems with this version. Knoppix no detect my
    sound card (AC97, mainboard ECS). With another version
    (2003.20.05 and 2003.06.06) all is ok. After install on disk and
    loading module (modconf) my card still doesn't work
    BTW - this version slower booting on my computer. What's happend?
    -- thnx
    Re soundcard, check if previous versions used the external ALSA drivers for your device.
    The latest version upgraded the kernel so if ALSA is the problem, maybe they forgot to recompile the ALSA modules. Just something to check.

    No, alsa was compiled ok! Just checked!

    cu

    Fabian

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 06:22 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 03:34 AM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 10:54 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:23 AM
  5. NEW RELEASE - KNOPPIX V3.2-2003-07-25
    By gjakuipers in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2003, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$69.99



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



Netgate SG-1100 firewall picture

Netgate SG-1100 firewall

$140.00