r u sure it was 3.1Originally Posted by Vm.
3.1 was released ages ago. it is not on the mirrors. where did u get it.
Shucks... I downloaded 3.1 just a week ago.![]()
r u sure it was 3.1Originally Posted by Vm.
3.1 was released ages ago. it is not on the mirrors. where did u get it.
Does anyone know if the NTFS driver is still the 1.x on the latest CD version ? I have problem reading clooped image on NTFS if the 1.x driver is used.
hi,
Are you planning to release a Knoppix that immediately integrate the ACPI???
thxs
Ludo
Its not possible to read cloop-KNOPPIX-Fiels form ntfs!Originally Posted by garyng
Neither with new nor old driver!
For reading old driver is ok!
cu
Fabian
Do you mean the new cloop driver ?
I have no problem putting a clooped image on NTFS(and boot from it), so long I use the new 2.x NTFS driver.
Hm, but only with an modified boot-floppy surely ?Originally Posted by garyng
That has an ntfs-driver and linuxrc extended ?
cu
Fabian
PS: But, hey good idea! I could provide a boot-floppy with nfts-cloop-mount support...
Yes, either compile in the new NTFS support in the kernel or add the NTFS module(2.x) in the initrd and change linuxrc accordingly.
What I want to know is if the new CD image already have this or I would still need to use my customized initrd/kernel.
Customised, ntfs.o is not small and there is not muc hspace on boot-floppy ...Originally Posted by garyng
cu
Fabian
I throw out the scsi drivers which is not in used for 99% of today's desktop.

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99