Just a quick heads-up, since I did it today:
You need to use
apt-get -t unstable install gnome
without the distribution flag, it won't install correctly. With the flag, works flawlessly, with no conflicts I've seen.
Gnome is addressed by Gnoppix <http://www.gnoppix.org/>.Originally Posted by knoppix37672
Knoppix has at least two applications. One is to get acquainted with Linux.
Another application is a rescue-CD. For this purpose IceWM is far better than KDE. Just IceWM version 1.2.7 is an unlucky choice in my oppinion. 1.2.8 would be better in respect of menu handling.
Just a quick heads-up, since I did it today:
You need to use
apt-get -t unstable install gnome
without the distribution flag, it won't install correctly. With the flag, works flawlessly, with no conflicts I've seen.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99