-
default wm & vnc
Setting my wm when I'm logging onto the box while physically in front of it is easy, because I'm using the GUI login.
However, when I connect to the box through vnc, it defaults to KDE.
I've made a .xinitrc file in my home directory with the line "exec fluxbox" in it, but this seems to be ignored, because KDE is still launched. I'd very much prefer to not use KDE because this is an older box, and KDE really makes it chug.
If anyone knows how to fix this, I very much appreciate your assistance!
Similar Threads
-
By scruffyeagle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 04:59 AM
-
By pc3 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 07:34 AM
-
By wk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 11:13 PM
-
By wk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 06:44 PM
-
By bhsx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2003, 05:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

Apple Macintosh Quadra 605 Vintage Desktop Computer, Model M1476 Untested
$299.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$95.00

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99