Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I mount drives from RedHat machine (same router)?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2

    How do I mount drives from RedHat machine (same router)?

    Hello,

    I've a RedHat 9.0 as my server at home and KNOPPIX and windows 2k as client machines on the same router. I kept on using SCP to transfer files between KNOPPIX client and RedHat server. This way I ended up duplicating lots of files on two machines.

    Is there an easy way so that I can just mount another machine's drives and access it without copying files? I know that windows machine can be accessed if I learn how to use Samba. But how do I mount drives between RedHat and KNOPPIX machines?

    I'm hoping that there should be some mounting trick for this...please help.

    Thanks,
    Teonardo

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I like using fish because it doesn't require any setup. Fish allows you to transfer files through an encrypted connection (ssh), like scp, but using Konqueror as a graphical front end. This way you can just cut and paste folders/files.

    Do this:

    In your Konqueror address bar type: fish://user@ipaddress

    NFS is also pretty easy to use, but requires a little more setup.

    Here's a good example of how to setup NFS
    http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/book/node31.html.gz

Similar Threads

  1. mount drives knoppix 3.4
    By plener in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 02:26 PM
  2. Remastering Knoppix in scratch space on a Redhat machine.
    By ocschwar in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 03:19 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 11:35 PM
  4. Unable to mount cdrom drives.
    By rbivins in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 03:44 AM
  5. why can't I mount all my drives
    By Eradicator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 06:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30* picture

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*

$785.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz picture

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz

$380.00



SK Hynix 256GB (4x64GB) DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 ECC RDIMM 288-Pin Workstation RAM picture

SK Hynix 256GB (4x64GB) DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 ECC RDIMM 288-Pin Workstation RAM

$1950.00